We swear there are more lame iPhone applications out there than actual iPhones, but every once in awhile, we’ll stumble upon something brilliant that we soon find ourselves unable to live without. Fashion brands are trying to get themselves a piece of the app pie by creating applications that not only promote their brand, but engage their fans in a way they weren’t able to before. So, sorry Blackberry users—this one’s for the Mac set. Here are eight iPhone fashion apps that are well worth the time it takes to download.
Like a hand-held version of the closet from Clueless, Stylebook lets you take photos of your own clothing, organize it by categories, and then help you build outfits, make packing lists, and build custom Polyvore-like collages.
Love It or Lose It, $1.99
Ever go shopping without your network of yay-and-naysayers? Pick up Love It or Lose It, which allows you to upload a photo to dispatch out to your friends and a community of users who’ll weigh in on your potential purchase.
It’s Fashion Week, and you don’t have time to stick around in front of your computer all day to wait for images from the latest runway shows. What to do? Download Style.com’s iPhone app and get images just hours later. Stay on top of things with the Style File blogs, show reviews, and video feeds.
With an entire magazine devoted to shopping, you’d expect that Lucky would have the best shopping application around. Their digital concierge lets you highlight their featured products, track them down, check for availability, and even place things on hold for same-day pickup.
Gucci’s app lets you view exclusive videos, fashion shows, latest collections, news, events, and store listings, but what’s really got us clicking is their Gucci Beats feature, which lets you mix your own music with samples compiled by Mark Ronson. Where to show your stuff off? Flip through their Little Black Book for listings of the nearest Gucci-approved restaurants, clubs, and bars in more than 20 international cities.
We know how addictive Chictopia can be, so be careful before you download this app onto your iPhone because you might never learn to function without it. Browse photos from their Style Gallery and read up on blog entries handpicked by the Chictopia editors. We hope to see that them adding uploading functionalities soon so we can upload our own outfits as well as browse others!
You already love DVF’s twitter, but getting the entire brand experience is super easy. Get up-to-the-minute news from the DVF team as well as shop the collection, browse latest runway shows, watch backstage videos, and locate the nearest stores. What’s more, there’s a bright-pink iPhone cover slapped with those iconic red lips so your entire phone can get in on the DVF game.
Though it’s not a fashion application, we’ve been using Evernote to catalog all the style inspiration we spot on the Internet or in real life. Save, organize, and annotate your images and links for perusal later. Your inner obsessive compulsive will be thrilled you downloaded it!
Source: Refinery29.com By: Connie Wang
BEST APPS TO DOWNLOAD by Arissa
There’s no question that we love our iPhones and as the advocates of Apple fandom, we think it is only right that we come up with a list of the best fashion apps to download for the iPhone. Technology makes it so easy for a person to be fashionable and stylish with the help of iPhone apps, the ease of use also allows for you to be up to date with the latest fashion news and updates. Truly, there is an iPhone app for anything.
I must also clarify that it is a total coincidence that the all apps featured happened to have black icons. Guess the designers do know the colour that’s in fashion.
Fashion Terms iPhone app($0.99)
- Basic Fashion terminology
- Explains fashion terms, differentiating garments and describes different fabrics.
- Well designed app with simple navigation.
- Might be a tad too simple for advanced fashionistas but a good app overall for beginners.
- Download for the Fashion Terms iPhone app here
Topshop iPhone app (free to download)
I love Topshop (who doesn’t?!?!?!) and I’m really glad to know that they have an iPhone app for it so I can keep up to date with their newest items on the go. It’s my favorite store to hunt for basics and also dressy pieces.
- Beautifully designed interface with regular updates.
- Location based so you can locate the nearest Topshop branch near you.
- Updated 5 times a week with new items so you’ll always know which are the newest items.
- Download link for the Topshop iPhone app here
Style.com iPhone app (free to download)
Things can get a little crazy during fashion week and there are 67457237 fashion shows to catch up on. The Style.com iPhone app makes it SO simple to catch up on fashion shows while you’re on the go. It updates and prompts you on the fashion shows that you have not viewed and I sometimes screencap the look that I like and just attached it to a tweet to share with everyone.
- View runway looks on the go
- Prompts you on the fashion shows that you have not viewed.
- Vote for the “Look of the day”
- Download link for the Style.com iPhone app here
All Saints iPhone app (free to download)
I was in the All Saints store in Soho, New York some time back and I was pleasantly surprised to see iPads in the store with a catalogue for customers to browse. Little did I know that the same app that they are using for the iPad is also available to the public on the iPhone. Simply amazing.
- Wonderful interface with easy to browse pages.
- Cohesive look with the rest of the other marketing visuals ( online store website, store display, lookbook pictures)
- Location based to find the nearest All Saints store near you.
- Regularly updated
- Download the All Saints iPhone app here
Sartorialist iPhone app (free to download)
I do wish that monoxious.com has an app for itself. The Sartorialist is awesome, after the success of the Sartorialist book, it goes on to having an iPhone app. This application makes it easy to browse the looks that was taken off the sartorialist blog.
- Easy to browse looks and pictures.
- Easy to save pictures to camera roll and share on Facebook.
- Sometimes takes too long to load photos.
- Download link for the Sartorialist iPhone app here
eBay Fashion iPhone app (free to download)
This is an eBay application specifically made for the Fashion category of eBay listings. Using this iPhone app, you can browse through a large selection of men’s, women’s, children and vintage clothing.
- Fashion specific eBay iPhone app
- browse through fashion related listings on eBay on the go.
- Fashion Vault section of the app offers time limited, exclusive sale on designer items.
- Download eBay Fashion iPhone app here.