The Official Facebook Page of the following brands have been studied over a period of 3 months (1st Quarter 2010): Louis Vuitton, Jaeger-Lecoultre, Innocent Smoothies,Salomon, Etam, Sephora (US), Starbucks (US) and Kiehl’s.
These brands offer the common characteristic to engage emotionally their clients while operating in different retail environments, a wide frequency of store visits and consumption pattern.
- Frequency of publishing is usually less than 1 post per day across brands and categories whatever the size of the Fan’s community
- 3 main categories of activities account for 58% of total postspublished by brands: Event announcements/Reviews, Interviews & publishing of multimedia content, Product related topics
- Luxury brands (Louis Vuitton, Jaeger-Lecoultre) focus on generating content around sponsored events and promoting regular activity(Travel Guide LV). Jaeger-Lecoultre tried to create buzz on a special auction.
- Specialist brands (Sephora, Starbucks, Kiehl’s, Etam) put the emphasis on product related topics (new launches) and promoting on-line sales. Starbucks concentrated a large part of their activity on their CSR programs.
- Salomon Official Page was dedicated to their Freeride events (results, interviews of team members, comments from insiders)
RANKING OF BRANDS BY TYPE OF MARKETING ACTIVITIES – 1st Quarter 2010